Adam and Eve had 2 sons, Cain and Abel. Abel became a shepherd, and Cain became a farmer. At harvest time,Cain brought a gift to the Lord. He brought some of the food that he grew from the ground, but Abel brought some animals from his flock. He chose some of his best sheep and brought the best parts from them.The Lord accepted Abel and his gift.But he did not accept Cain and his offering. Cain was sad because of this, and he became very angry.
The Lord asked Cain, “Why are you angry? Why does your face look sad?You know that if you do what is right, I will accept you. But if you don’t, sin is ready to attack you. That sin will want to control you, but you must control it.
Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.” So they went to the field. Then Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.
Lord said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” He said, “I do not know; am I my brother’s keeper?” And the Lord said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood is crying to me from the ground. And now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand.
Then Cain went away from the presence of the Lord.
Lessons to learn:
1. We must worship God. Our worship should be according to Gods will.
2. A sinner is destined to die. Only the blood of Jesus Christ (death of Jesus Christ) is able to redeem a person from his sin
3. God is only pleased with the worship of those who are redeemed from their sin.
4. If God is not please with us, we will loose the real happiness.
5. Only through Jesus Christ, we can be saved and please God.